Saturday, January 30, 2010

Do You Really Want To Quit Smoking? Then You Must Read This Article

I want to preface this article by stating a few things: #1 I smoked a pack a day (on average) for 15 years and walked away from cigarettes forever, so I have experience with quitting smoking. #2 I'm not going to attempt to sell you anything in order to help you quit. Most people who write these articles have an ulterior motive, I don't (unless of course you're an angler). I simply want to tell you how I quit smoking in the hopes that it may help you quit smoking
If you're really interested in quitting smoking, the first thing that you have to do is change the way you think about quitting smoking. I realize that this may sound weird, but it true. Everything that you think about smoking and quitting smoking is wrong. Everything that you hear about quitting smoking is hype designed to sell you something to help you quit. It seems to me it's in everyone's best interest that you believe quitting smoking is difficult.
And then you have all of your friends and colleagues that reiterate the fact that quitting is so very hard because they've bought into and believe the hype as well. What I'm telling you, as someone who's been there and done it, is that it's not that hard. The next time one of your friends, colleagues, or commercial tells you how difficult quitting smoking is, simply tell yourself the opposite. Literally say to yourself, "Quitting smoking is not going to be hard, it's no problem." While I was smoking I would also look at my cigarette and say, "I've got this, this is no problem." I would suggest you only do that if you're alone so people don't think that your totally nuts.
That's what I did and one day I went into my pack to grab a smoke and there was only one left. I took that cigarette out and said, "This is it. I'm done." I smoked that cigarette and haven't had one since. That was a long time ago and I can promise you that I'll never smoke again.
Now were there times after I quit that I wanted a cigarette? Of course, but I didn't have one. When I thought about it, it had to be expected that I would crave something from time to time seeing as how I had been doing it for 15 years! But I just didn't have one. It got easier and easier not to have one every single day. As your confidence grows, it becomes so easy not to smoke it seems silly. You'll soon wonder why you ever started in the first place. I promise you that this is how I quit smoking and I know that you can too. You don't need gum, patches, hypnosis, or pills. You were born with everything you need. Remember what Marcus Aurelius said, "Dig within. Within is the wellspring of Good; and it is always ready to bubble up, if you just dig."
Trevor Kugler is co-founder of JRWfishing.com and an avid angler. He has more than 20 years experience fishing for all types of fish, and 15 years of business and internet experience. He currently raises his three year old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country.....Montana!
Gang Hooks Tied & Ready To Fish: http://www.jrwfishing.com/gang_hooks.asp
Get Fishing Tips & Techniques Twice A Month For FREE - http://www.jrwfishing.com/signup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment